[SciPy-Dev] Recommended procedure for splitting a file while keeping the web doc editor in sync?

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at enthought.com
Sat Jun 19 15:12:21 EDT 2010

Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:30:37 -0500, Warren Weckesser wrote:
>
>> In preparation for getting some FIR filter patches into trunk, I would
>> like to split the existing FIR filter functions in
>> signal/filter_design.py into a separate file, fir_filter_design.py.  Is
>> there anything special I should do to ensure that the web doc editor
>> stays in sync with this change?
>>

> If the documentation of the functions has been edited, it's best to get
> the patch from
>
> 	http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/patch/
>
> for the changes in the stuff in the module (if any), and apply it first.

Is there a quick way to find out if the module has any edits in the web
interface?

This page

   http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.signal.filter_design/

doesn't show any red or yellow, but to be honest, I don't recall the
meaning of the color codes, and I can't seem to find the explanation of
the colors (but I know it's in there somewhere).

Request for enhancement: Every page that uses the color codes should
have a link to the explanation of the colors.  Just a button or link
called "What do the colors mean?" would be great.

Warren