[SciPy-Dev] scipy.io cleanup

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 13:14:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> A long list of functions in scipy.io was deprecated in 0.7 and has to be
> removed now. It's in the 'io' branch at
> http://github.com/rgommers/scipy/commits/io now. In addition the recaster
> module is deprecated as Matthew requested in another thread. Does someone
> want to have a quick look at it?

Sorry that I didn't do this myself - and thanks for doing it.

I noticed that your patch means that every import of scipy.io
generates a deprecation warning.  This in turn was because I'm calling
the deprecated sctype_attributes in the Recaster class definition.
I've worked round this, version of your 'recaster' patch attached...

Thanks again,

Matthew