[SciPy-Dev] scipy.io.recaster?

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Sun Jun 13 22:29:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am working on the documentation for scipy.io, and I came across the
recaster module.  Looking through it, I really start to wonder if it should
be a part of numpy or possibly belong elsewhere in scipy.  The best I can
tell, its job is to do "smart" recasting of the data values in numpy
arrays.  There doesn't seem to be any saving to files or reading from files,
which is what everything else in scipy.io does.

If anybody can give me any insight on this, I will be sure to include it in
the documentation.  Otherwise, I'll just head back into my cave...

Thanks,
Ben Root