[SciPy-Dev] np.savetxt: apply patch in enhancement ticket 1079 to add headers?

Stefan stefan.czesla at hs.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jun 4 11:49:37 EDT 2010

Dear all,

as a consequence of our discussion, we developed a patch (attached to
ticket 1079), which implements some of the features discussed here.
We concentrated on comments and the header. Please have a look at the
patch. We are looking forward to hearing your opinion and suggestions,
and whether you see any problems, which could prevent it from entering the
official release.

We agree with Bruce that the format string should be inferred from the
data type of the array. Yet, we believe that this point should be
addressed in a different patch focussing on that topic.

Also we noted that there is no error checking, when an array of dimension
larger 2 is handed to np.savetxt, which may be implemented easily.

Stefan & Christian