[SciPy-Dev] Warning of deprecation in doc's ?

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 23:07:07 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net>wrote:

> For example scipy.stats.stats.cov when you view source has
> "scipy.stats.cov is deprecated; please update your code to use
> numpy.cov." Should this be in the docs ? and is there an example of
> how this should be pointed out.
> This is something I actually implemented in a program then discovered
> that is was deprecated. I would have like that to be in the online
> docs.
>
> Thanks
> Vincent

I vaguely recollect this being discussed before, but I can't find anything
about it in our docstring Standard, in our Q+A section, nor (easily) at the
Python site (generally, when in doubt, we default to Python docstring
standards); so, how 'bout it guys and gals: should deprecation be noted in
docstrings and if so, where and how?

DG