[SciPy-Dev] Development process (was: scipy.stats)

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 13:55:08 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Travis Oliphant
> <oliphant at enthought.com> wrote:
>
>> How many people interested in this discussion will be at SciPy this year?  It may be a good idea to have a discussion about this at the conference.    We could phone conference others in as well so that every voice can be heard.
>
> I think it should be done here on the list. This makes it easier for
> all to review and refer back to. Also makes it more open, NOT that you
> are trying to do it behind closed doors.

I agree very much that discussion on the list is better.  I think it
helps solidify the idea of numpy and scipy being a community project,
where all discussion is public and open.   I know that can be a little
tough sometimes, but that too has its benefits in clearing the air and
making people feel that the discussion is open.

See you,

Matthew