[SciPy-Dev] Required Python Version

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Sat Jul 17 14:32:02 EDT 2010

FWIW, NOAA has recently (within the past year, I believe) gotten approval to
*upgrade* to RHEL5.  And because of IT policies, or because they need to run
programs on servers out of their control, many of the users can not
personally update their version of Python away from 2.4.

I am sure there are other government agencies that are in the same boat.

Ben Root