[SciPy-Dev] closing (invalid) tickets without follow-up

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Jul 15 12:50:35 EDT 2010

Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:53:50 +0800, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> For tickets that seem to be invalid and/or don't have enough info to be
> useful, how long do we wait before closing them? Running into the same
> ones all the time is quite annoying. For example:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/926 (14 months old, close to zero
> info)
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1168 (likely invalid, no follow
> up) http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1073 (same)
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1188 (same)
>
> The ticket submitter should really get emails with comments, but I'm not
> sure how easy this is to do with Trac.

We can perhaps set them to the "needs_info" status, and decide that it
means

	"No further developer attention worthwhile, until some feedback
	from the reporter (or someone else) received."

Would this help? The "needs_info" state is already there.

I think the ticket submitter (and all commenters) do already get emails
on comments -- at least I receive them.

--
Pauli Virtanen