[SciPy-Dev] memory corruption when running scipy 0.8 test suite

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed Jul 14 06:44:59 EDT 2010

Wed, 14 Jul 2010 02:25:36 -0700, Christoph Gohlke wrote:
[clip]
> AFAICT the airye functions are the same in both cases (same type, repr,
> and __doc__). I reran the tests with the python -v switch and noticed
> that besides numpy and scipy, the matplotlib, PIL, sympy, zope, scikits,
> and entought packages are imported (why?). Maybe there's some
> monkeypatching or name shadowing going on?

If you install stuff as eggs, some of them may always be imported on
Python startup. (I guess this is so for namespace hook-ful packages.)

> Anyway, I could not reproduce
> this failure on a clean installation of just python, numpy, scipy, and
> nose. The test_twodiags (test_linsolve.TestLinsolve) error and the
> test_linsolve.TestSplu.test_spilu_smoketest failure also disappear on
> this clean installation.

Do you mean that if you start from scratch, and install only the numpy
+scipy packages you built for 64-bit Windows, all problems apart from the
MKL ones disappear?

Do the other packages you had installed use the same C runtime as the
ones you built, and were they compiled with the same compilers?

--
Pauli Virtanen