[SciPy-Dev] Opinions re: duplication of content

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 10:45:55 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Tom Grydeland <tom.grydeland at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10. juli 2010, at 22.58, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> numpy.fft has a lengthy, referenced "Background" section on DFT's in
>> general; opinions, please, re: duplicating vs. referencing that
>> content in scipy.fftpack.basic.
>
> To me, referencing it is the best -- only one copy to keep current.

We had a brief discussion on the mailing list a while ago about the
background docs for fftpack, repeating a few paragraphs doesn't sound
a lot of duplication.

Some (very incomplete) information is in
http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy-docs/tutorial/fftpack.rst/#fftpack
put there to rescue the Latex rendered formulas, because they had too
much markup for the docstrings.

Josef