[SciPy-Dev] Function of the :mod: wiki function

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 19:33:46 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 6:21 PM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 2:22 PM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 4:38 PM, David Goldsmith
>> <d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Jason Grout
>> > <jason-sage at creativetrax.com>

>> > No, I didn't thanks.  That page indicates these things are to be used
>> > for
>> > *cross*-referencing, i.e., what we're using single backticks for; my
>> > guess
>> > is that someone used the :mod: before all our mark-up policies were
>> > settled.  So, I'm removing it; if someone later explains to me why it
>> > should
>> > be there, I'll put it back in.
>>
>> don't remove them from the package titles, I think you are destroying
>> the module index
>>
>> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/modindex.html
>
> Ah, OK, this is the info I was looking for: they do serve a (non-circular)
> function I was unaware of.  Thanks, I'll leave them in; is there any way to
> remove their link nature in the Wiki so that others don't make the same
> mistake again in the future, (i.e., think that they're creating a redundant
> circular reference and thus remove them)?

Sorry, my mistake, I mixed up the link and the link target
.. module::   directive indicates the module target and causes the
entry in the module index

:mod: is the link and semantic markup.

I still like the full path rendering that :mod: produces in the title.

Josef