[SciPy-Dev] SciPy docs: volunteers needed now!

Joe Harrington jh at physics.ucf.edu
Fri Jul 2 15:26:23 EDT 2010

> >> Right now, we have just 1-3 people producing over 100 words each week,
> >> and nobody has written 1000 words in one week.  Last year, we
> >> routinely had 1000+ words from several writers each week.  We had
> >> weeks that produced more words than we have produced this entire
> >> summer.
>
> Right - yes - but I was wondering whether it was clear to you what the
> explanation was, and whether there was any way of a) solving the
> problems you've identified or b) brainstorming maybe on list for what
> could be done differently.   Maybe you've already tried that?  Sorry
> for the noise if so...

Well, David and I brainstorm a lot about it, offline.  Mostly we write
appeals for help and in the past two years they have been very
effective.  This year has been different, which may just be random or
might have to do with the job at hand.  It would be good to get input
from others working on the docs this year.  Thoughts, anyone?

--jh--