[SciPy-dev] 0.8 release date?

David Cournapeau david at silveregg.co.jp
Sun Feb 21 20:34:35 EST 2010

josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Warren Weckesser
> <warren.weckesser at enthought.com> wrote:
>> Is there currently a target date (even a tentative one) for the release
>> of 0.8?
>
> And related, does scipy trunk stay numpy 1.4 compatible or will there
> be a numpy 2.0 requirement?

Scipy trunk requires at least the changes Pauli, Chuck and me have been
working on for improving scipy.special.

At the source level, numpy 2.0 is compatible with numpy 1.4.0 AFAIK, and
scipy does not use datetime, so the scipy trunk should not require numpy
2.0. IOW, the story would be:
	- Scipy 0.7.2 (created from the 0.7.x svn branch): compatible with
numpy >= 1.3.0 (including 2.0)
	- Scipy 0.8.0 (from trunk): compatible with numpy >= 1.4.0.

cheers,

David