[SciPy-dev] maxentropy docs / parent class methods

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:18:17 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Those methods do not belong just to 'model' but also to 'bigmodel' and
> 'conditionalmodel'. So listing them under 'model' is a bit arbitrary. I
> think the correct way to do this is to list them under an .. autoclass::
> basemodel, with a note that this class contains shared functionality and
> should not be instantiated directly.

I used autosummary to generate the methods of basemodel.

The one thing I don't understand is why the autoclass directive
doesn't work unless I give the whole path to the class.  I tried
adding

.. currentmodule:: scipy.maxentropy (or just .. module::)

.. autoclass:: basemodel

etc.

But it still didn't seem to respect the current module and show the
class docstrings.  Not a big deal I guess.

Skipper