[SciPy-dev] 2-review system on doc wiki

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 00:30:58 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 11:56 AM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> For some functions it will be difficult to determine what one level
> below the likely user actually means. I recently fixed a problem with

Maybe, maybe not: if in doubt, one could query the list "who uses this
function?"  Reply: "I do."  (Hopefully someone pipes up.)  Next query: "what
do you do/how do you use it?"  Reply: "I'm a physicist; I use it for my
research on quantum gravity."  Conclusion: "one level below" equals a
physics graduate student (or maybe post-doc).  Another (hopefully less
plausible) example: "Who uses 'dot'?"  A tsunami of replies: "I do."
Follow-up: "What do you do?"  Lowest level of replies: a high school student
taking AP Physics.  Conclusion: "one level below" equals a high school
student taking non-AP physics.  Not so hard - "loud" on the list, perhaps,
but not so hard.

DG