[SciPy-Dev] SciPy 0.9.0.dev6651 test failures (segfault)

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 22:00:26 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> It would be useful to know which test is involved regardless of the issue.
> Can you please run the tests with the verbose option such as:
> 'scipy.test(verbose=10)'?
>
> This may have something to do with your numpy problem so please fix that up
> once you have identified the test (failure in linalg would confirm that).
>
> As a reference, my Fedora 13 x64 bit system uses gfortran - 'gcc version
> 4.4.4 20100630 (Red Hat 4.4.4-10) (GCC)'.
>
> Did you completely wipe the previous numpy installation especially the
> installed numpy files in $PATH2PYTHON/site-packages/ and remove any prior
> build directories?
> If so, then you need to create suitable site.cfg file to ensure the correct
> compiler is being used because something has changed in either your distro
> or numpy install.
>
> Bruce

Hello,

Following David and your suggestions I resolved NumPy and SciPy install
problems from the source repo. SciPy tests don't give any segfaults anymore.
>From the verbose=10 run I get a long list of test execution giving:

Ran 4668 tests in 105.707s

FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=12, SKIP=34, failures=2)

I couldn't get it write into a file with piping -> python -c 'import scipy;
scipy.test(verbose=10)' >> scipy_test

How can I get it logging? I might upload the file somewhere for further
investigation.

--
Gökhan