[SciPy-Dev] cephes/levnsn.c history ?

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 09:53:38 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:30 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:17 AM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was digging in the documentation for special cephes to find a
>> description of nrdtrisd
>>
>> but then I found that the description for
>>
>> /*              Levnsn.c                */
>> /* Levinson-Durbin LPC
>>
>> digging in the history, it has been deleted 8 years ago:
>> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/log/trunk/Lib/special/cephes/levnsn.c?rev=6310&mode=path_history
>>
>> It would have been nice to have this.
>
> Yes, Levinson-Durbin and LPC would be nice. I have cython code for
> this in my talkbox scikits - I meant to update it for complex support
> now that cython has complex number syntax, maybe this could be
> included in scipy.

I would find it very useful, if it would go for example into
scipy.signal. I looked at it in the talkbox but not very carefully,
except for running a few examples.

One part that I haven't figured out, is whether the reflection
coefficients can be recovered as partial autocorrelation. It seems
this way from some descriptions, but I didn't work my way through it
enough to translate the different terminologies and definitions.

Josef