[SciPy-Dev] linalg: cho_solve in basic.py and decomp.py

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at enthought.com
Wed Apr 7 00:53:33 EDT 2010

 I just noticed that the function cho_solve() is implemented in both
basic.py and decomp.py in the linalg package.  In __init__.py, decomp is
imported after basic, so its implementation is used.  Both are wrappers
of the lapack function potrs,  and they do almost exactly the same
thing, but the implementation in basic.py handles an additional boolean
keyword argument, 'overwrite_b'.

Any objections if I merge the two into one implementation in basic.py
(where the solvers seem to live), and keep the extra keyword argument?

Warren