[SciPy-dev] SciPy SVN compilation on SnowLeopard

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 02:06:08 EDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 1:35 AM, David Cournapeau wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Can you check whether r7387 fixes the problem ?

I didn't try to recompile scipy w/ numpy r7387 yet, but this latter
already raises a second issue that maybe related to my scipy
installation problems.
I tried to recompile some fortran libraries that I need for a project,
and it fails (log available here: http://pastebin.com/m7d38b395).
Looks like lipo can't figure the architecture of some of the temp
files... Any pointer would be deeply appreciated.

> If all you do is using the system python (the one from apple), then
> you only need to set up FFLAGS because gfortran does not target x86_64
> by default.

Actually, I'm using Python2.6.2 compiled from sources (via homebrew,
figured I could give it a try). What other flag should I set ?
Now, does the issue raised over here [http://www.nabble.com/-MacPorts---19397%3A-scipy-not-completely-universal-td23174931.html#a23174931
] relevant to our problem ? (w/ gfortran failing to ouput anything
when given 2 arch flags ?)