[SciPy-dev] [Fwd: Re: license status of your code on netlib]

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:03:20 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 02:48, Benny Malengier<benny.malengier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On a side note, due to this I have read
>> http://scipy.org/License_Compatibility and as a developer who writes
>> BSD and GPL licenced code, I find the section 'John Hunter's License
>> Pitch' not very suiting.
>
> I have deleted it. I too do not like having a polemic on a page that
> should just be describing the facts of license compatibility.

I also read this for the first time, but it contains mostly the obvious
cases.

What is the compatibility for the Apache license ?

There was the discussion on the cython list and I know of some
packages, that I'm interested in, that use Apache.

Are there any other (semi-)popular licenses that would be compatible
with BSD?

Josef