[SciPy-dev] Brent's Principal Axis Algorithm

Christoph Schmidt-Hieber c.schmidt-hieber at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 9 05:11:15 EDT 2009

Dear all,
thanks for all your comments. In the meantime, I've switched to a Fortran90 implementation by John Burkardt. I'm aware that this adds an additional layer of license issues, but I believe that there are some advantages outweighing this:
- The code is more portable than the F77 version; I've tested on GNU/Linux 32bit and 64 bit and on Mac OS X.
- The code is more readable, and it should be more straightforward to port it to C if anyone wants to follow Benny's suggestion.
- Most of the code on Burkardt's page is under the LGPL, so I suppose that this particular file is just not LGPL'd because the license status of the original F77 file is unclear.
Cheers
Christoph

P.S. The mails that I write with my default mail client (alpine) don't seem to get through to this mailing list. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

-----WIBR-EMAIL-----
This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please notify the system
management (it.support at wibr.ucl.ac.uk).