[SciPy-dev] ndimage - docfiller and output_type

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:45:54 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:33 PM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to look at this again next week when I have a bit more time.
>
> I don't mind the boiler plate code in the individual distributions anymore,
> if we can improve the docs for the distributions this way. You could try
> it out on a few distributions to avoid having to edit 90 templates if there
> are any changes.

Josef, the changes are here:
http://github.com/rgommers/scipy/tree/statsdocsFor examples of new
docstrings, see maxwell, wald and nbinom.

Do you use git, or would you prefer it if I opened a ticket and attached a
diff?

The things I was not sure about:
1. do you want the old-style classes with better help()? I actually consider
this a bug:
>>> help(wald)
Help on wald_gen .....         # I asked for help on wald, not wald_gen

2. Where should doccer.py live? Now I do "from scipy.ndimage import doccer",
but doccer is useful in multiple SciPy modules, and probably in NumPy as
well. Could we move it to NumPy?

Cheers,
Ralf