[SciPy-dev] ndimage - docfiller and output_type

Pauli Virtanen pav+sp at iki.fi
Wed Oct 28 14:07:58 EDT 2009

Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:13:10 -0400, josef.pktd wrote:
[clip]
> No, I like the current system where we don't have any boiler plate in
> the individual distributions. Following your maxwell example, we would
> get a lot of repetition of template code in the individual
> distributions.

Then, I'd suggest just adding

	%(info)s

or so, that will be expanded to the full boilerplate information block.
Then, only this would be repeated in each distribution docstring -- not
too bad.

It is clearer and cleaner if the distribution docstring is a template,
resides in the class docstring, and the final product is assembled by
substitution rather than by concatenating magically generated parts.
(Think, for example -- why are HTML templating languages so popular, as
opposed to just concatenating blocks of HTML code?)

--
Pauli Virtanen