[SciPy-dev] Generic polynomials class (was Re: Volunteer for Scipy Project)

Josh Lawrence josh.k.lawrence at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 17:11:43 EDT 2009

Hey all,

I'm chiming in here after following this post. I am highly interested
and excited about the resulting tools. Keep up the good work!

On Oct 16, 2009, at 3:58 PM, Anne Archibald wrote:

> * Should we try to accommodate complex variables? Complex
> coefficients?

FWIW, scipy's polynomial stuff would be must less valuable (not quite
worthless, but close) to me if in general they did not support complex
domains and ranges. Contour integration stuffs are just too valuable
for a lot of my research. So a huge +1 to complex domains and ranges
for these polynomial objects.

-Josh