[SciPy-dev] Generic polynomials class (was Re: Volunteer for Scipy Project)

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 21:57:34 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> How did you build the analysis objects? Part of what we have been discussing
> it the easiest way to expose a consistent interface while reusing the
> maximum amount of code.

See

http://github.com/fperez/nitime/blob/master/nitime/timeseries.py

starting around line 504.  The analyzers store a reference to a time
series object and then expose properties (that are replaced in-place
by a static attribute once computed, as explained in the paper) that
make the library calls.  All the actual numerics are in

http://github.com/fperez/nitime/blob/master/nitime/algorithms.py

I'm not saying this will exactly solve your current design issues, but
it may provide some useful ideas to think about.

Cheers,