[SciPy-dev] numpy.distutils: passing config_fc options in setup.py

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Sat Oct 3 23:53:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've been using f2py to generate an extension module for someone's
free-form f90 code.  I need to pass extra arguments to config_fc and
right now to get everything working I do this:

python setup.py config_fc --f90flags='-ffree-form -fno-underscoring'
build_ext --inplace

Is there an easy way to set the --f90flags set by default to what I want
in the setup.py script itself?  I.e. I'd like users to be able to do:

  python setup.py build_ext --inplace

This doesn't seem documented anywhere, is there some place I should look?

This is how my setup.py looks currently:

#----
from numpy.distutils.core import Extension, setup

setup(ext_modules = [Extension("varsha",
                                ["varsha.pyf", "s2p.f",
                                 "fft.c", "invLeg.c"],
                                define_macros=[('NO_APPEND_FORTRAN',
                                    None)],
                                )
                     ],
       )
#----

passing config_fc={...} to either Extension or setup does not work.
The numpy version is 1.4.0.dev6976.

Thanks!

cheers,
prabhu