[SciPy-dev] Statsmodels documentation buglet

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:59:13 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Scott Sinclair
> <scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having a look at the statsmodels scikit and have noticed a minor
>> bug in the docs at:
>>
>> http://statsmodels.sourceforge.net/generated/scikits.statsmodels.regression.OLS.html
>>
>> The definition Y = [1,3,4,5,2,3,4], in the example contains a trailing
>> comma that causes the example to fail when used with IPython's cpaste
>> mode.
>>

> Thanks, should be fixed shortly.

I did it already in trunk, but got stuck with some examples. I moved
the tutorial files from the sandbox to the examples folder and will
push to launchpad soon. WLS with one of the regressors squared as
weights still looks "weird" (example_wls.py).

We haven't run the doctests in a while. However the scripts in the
example folder are always checked whether they run (not whether they
produce correct results).

Scott, any comments about the usage of statsmodels are very welcome.
(And I'm still waiting for missing bug reports.)

Josef