[SciPy-dev] Constants in Scipy

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 08:19:22 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Arkapravo Bhaumik
<arkapravobhaumik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I had a question, how many built-in constants are there in Scipy ?, I am
> familiar with pi and e , how many more are there ?
>
> I had been trying to evaluate euler-gamma in Scipy, which is easy
> http://3chevrons.blogspot.com/2009/10/eulers-gamma.html . However, MATLAB in
> comparison has euler-gamma built-into it and intelligently recognises the
> expression as it is typed in, Scipy is not yet able to do so.

I think your comparison is not really with MATLAB, it looks to me that
you are using the symbolic toolbox, which a while ago was MAPLE and is
now a different 3rd party package (don't remember name).

Your comparisons are a good check whether the scipy results are
correct. But if you want to compare packages, the better analog to
matlab symbolic would be sympy and mpmath.

Josef

 If the desire