[SciPy-dev] Constants in Scipy

Arkapravo Bhaumik arkapravobhaumik at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 05:50:37 EST 2009

Hi everyone

I had a question, how many built-in constants are there in Scipy ?, I am
familiar with pi and e , how many more are there ?

I had been trying to evaluate euler-gamma in Scipy, which is easy
http://3chevrons.blogspot.com/2009/10/eulers-gamma.html . However, MATLAB in
comparison has euler-gamma built-into it and intelligently recognises the
expression as it is typed in, Scipy is not yet able to do so. If the desire
is indeed to make Scipy into a dynamic and robust software then various
constants must be built-into the software and Scipy made to identify such
expressions.

Many thanks David ( David Cournapeau) for replying to my previous posting
and confirming my observations about sici.

Regards

Arkapravo