[SciPy-dev] ticket #945?

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis at broad.mit.edu
Thu Nov 26 15:55:01 EST 2009

The speed comparisons are here:
 http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2009-May/012001.html

Most are about the same in speed.  histogram() is much slower, because
it tracks numpy.histogram instead of implementing its own.  Some could
be sped up, mostly those using _select in the modified
measurements.py.

histogram() is not backwards compatible (at least, it doesn't produce
exactly the same values).  Also, any code relying on non-lists being
returned when the functions are called with a list of labels (the
original motivation for this work) would break, but I expect that is a
limited number.

Ray