[SciPy-dev] scipy.org servers *slow*

John Hunter jdh2358 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 13:20:02 EST 2009

I am trying to do some svn checkouts of numpy and scipy, as well as
get the latest tarball release of ipython. and things are coming down
from scipy.org at a snail's pace.  I've tried this from three client
sides across the US on fast ethernet etc, so I think it is a server
side problem.

My ipython download has been going for several minutes and still has a
4 min ETA, for example, and my numpy and scipy checkouts are slowly
chugging along but are not finished after an unreasonably long time.

> time wget http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/ipython-0.10.tar.gz

JDH