[SciPy-dev] contributing a CHOLMOD wrapper

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Wed Nov 4 16:25:12 EST 2009

I've written a fairly complete wrapper for CHOLMOD (the SuiteSparse
library for sparse Cholesky decomposition) in Cython for my own use,
and it occurs that others might benefit as well.

CHOLMOD is GPLed, so I suppose my wrapper must be as well, and is thus
unsuitable for inclusion in Scipy proper -- though scipy.sparse
already has a wrapper for the GPLed UMFPACK, so I guess I might be
wrong? Anyway, is there any interest in such a thing, and any thoughts
on the best way to distribute it?

-- Nathaniel