[SciPy-dev] backporting changes in scipy.stats

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu May 14 16:31:06 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey at gmail.com> wrote:
> josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:
>> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If the changes are all specific to a certain file/directory and there are no
>>> changes you *don't* want to backport from that file/directory, the easiest
>>> thing to do is check out the 7.1.x branch, copy over the files/directory
>>> from the trunk, and check in the result. There are doubtless more
>>> sophisticated ways if you happen to have the whole repository including
>>> branches checked out, but I think that is the simplest and safest.
>>>

>> Thanks, that sounds easy enough. I have usually only the trunk checked out.
>> There is one set of changes, the removal of stats.mean, var, std and
>> median, that we don't want to backport, but this could be confined to
>> the four functions. I'm very used to winmerge, so I can do this by the
>> end of the week.
>>
>> Josef
>>
> Hi,
> Can you also add ticket 877 (Depreciation of samplevar in scipy.stats)
> since it is the same reason as removing stats.std?
>
> The other possibility is ticket 906 Depreciate erfc function.

What's the policy for depreciation warnings, should they be
backported?  I can commit and backport them, but do the functions
remain available during the 0.8.x cycle.

erfc, samplevar and samplestd are redundant, but I'm starting to
change my mind a bit about the removal of stats.var and stats.mean.

see my comments to http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/604

Josef