[SciPy-dev] talkbox scikit

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Mar 3 13:13:18 EST 2009

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> (however, the implementation is of course somehow similar ...)
>
> But I don't think that this should be a problem ...

I think it does. IANAL, but at least morally, I would be pretty pissed
to release a GPL code and seeing a BSD code with same interface and
"similar" implementation afterwards.

I think you should check with the original developer - my experience is
that at least in academia, people who release things under the GPL do
not mind releasing under the BSD (they chose GPL by default). This is of
course not always the case, though,

David