[SciPy-dev] Documenting Warnings

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 19:11:47 EDT 2009

On Jun 26, 2009, at 6:21 PM, David Goldsmith wrote:

> Personally, I think under Notes - with suitable emphasis, e.g.,
> bracketed w/ double *'s, i.e., **Warning:** - would suffice.
> However, if it did exist in the standard and was removed, perhaps a
> summary of why could be added to the FAQ.

The **...** method is not as good as a warning directive which
displayed with a special template.
Using a ..warning directive inside a 'Notes' might break things in
numpydoc.
There's already a _str_warnings in SphinxDocString, that transforms a
"Warnings" section into a ..warning directive, why can't we use that ?