[SciPy-dev] docs and doceditor question

Pauli Virtanen pav+sp at iki.fi
Tue Jul 28 17:50:38 EDT 2009

On 2009-07-28, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 15:22, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
[clip]
>> which defines which methods are included. It looks autogenerated, but
>> I don't know why some classes have the methods listed and other
>> classes don't.
>>
>> for example, show source of
>> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.interpolate.Rbf.html
>> has only __init__ listed.
>
> Possibly because UnivariateSpline has this in its docstring:
>
> """
>     Methods
>     -------
[clip]
> """
>
> while Rbf doesn't.

Exactly, the list of methods shown is based on the docstring, as
discussed in our docstring standard. Unfortunately, it's not
possible to decide automatically which methods are relevant and
which are not.

Re: building documentation on Windows. If you want to lend a hand
in making it work (eg. a suitable .bat file), contributions are
welcome.

If you want to just get it to work, the easiest way is probably
to use the latest development version of Sphinx: then just

	sphinx-build <whatever arguments it takes>

should be enough.

--
Pauli Virtanen