[SciPy-dev] An interesting exercise - reproduce R analysis using python.

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 27 00:23:17 EST 2009

josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:
> I was also looking at some references for R and I was pretty surprised
> about the number of tutorials and books are available for R.

R is an open source version of S (which exists for quite some time), and
both are the standard numerical packages as used in the statistical
communities AFAIK. My impression is that R/S is to statistics what
matlab is to signal processing in terms of usage: pervasive in both
academic and private environments.

cheers,

David