[SciPy-dev] Numerical Recipes (was tagging 0.7rc1 this weekend?)

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Sun Jan 4 17:20:00 EST 2009

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Other than the fact that these codes both use the same
> piece of mathematics, I see no problem here whatsoever.
> It might be worth clarifying in the docstring

Am I correct that the documentation project does not
give access to the module-level docstrings?  I would
have been happy to make this change in orthogonal.py
but did not see how to add documentation via the project.

Anyway, here is the reST for the GW cite and
what I think the AS citation info is.
(Not sure about the address.)

fwiw,
Alan Isaac

For the mathematical background, see
[golub.welsch-1969-mathcomp]_ and [abramowitz.stegun-1965]_.

.. [golub.welsch-1969-mathcomp]
    Golub, Gene H, and John H Welsch. 1969. Calculation of Gauss
    Quadrature Rules. *Mathematics of Computation* 23, 221-230+s1--s10.

.. [abramowitz.stegun-1965]
    Abramowitz, Milton, and Irene A Stegun. (1965) *Handbook of
    Mathematical Functions: with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical
    Tables*. Gaithersburg, MD: National Bureau of Standards.
    http://www.math.sfu.ca/~cbm/aands/