[SciPy-dev] Improving the bug tracking workflow: starting document

Michael Abshoff michael.abshoff at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 28 14:47:04 EST 2009

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> 2009/2/27 Michael Abshoff <michael.abshoff at googlemail.com>:
>> The scipy trac seems to be version 0.10.2 which has a number of known
>> security issues.
>
> That's about to change!  We've already set up a new NumPy Trac for
> testing.  Hopefully we can soon switch over to
>
> http://new.scipy.org/trac/numpy/timeline
>
> You'll notice that the new server and 0.11 is much more responsive.

Well, I rarely look at numpy or scipy's trac since I have plenty of
things to do, too, and I am not the guy dealing with numpy/scipy
problems in Sage at the moment :)

I was just surprised that such an obvious problem with trac+apache or
other crippling issues with your trac install weren't just fixed. It
took William a couple hours to migrate four trac installs, one of them
with a 400 MB database. If Sage's trac had the performance of the ones
you had to deal with I would not have rested until the issue were fixed
since no working trac means standstill for Sage.

> Cheers
> Stéfan

Cheers,

Michael