[SciPy-dev] Improving the bug tracking workflow: starting document

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 11:57:38 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:28 AM, David Cournapeau
> <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    Following the discussions, I have started to write a small document
>> highlighting my current gripes with trac. I focus on some common
>> scenario, and pin-point trac limitations. I mention possible new tools
>> at the end, but that's not the main point: everybody who is also
>> disatisfied with trac, and maybe even more importantly people who are
>> currently satisfied and think their scenario is not covered should feel
>> free to comment/modify it:
>>
>> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/ImprovingIssueWorkflow
>>
>> I put the initial version in svn as well:
>> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/trunk/doc/neps/newbugtracker.rst.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> David
>
> Just two quick comments:
>
> * I like the integration of the bug tracker and svn, browsing between
> old tickets and revisions is pretty easy.  Similarly, integrated
> timeline for svn and issue tracker makes tracking new code and issues
> easy.

Yes, I agree this is a useful functionality. I think most integrated
solutions ala trac/redmine and co have this feature.

> * eclipse integration with trac issues works well with mylyn, but I
> haven't used it much and not for scipy,
>  eclipse integration with svn is very good.

I note that you care about eclipse integration. This is an important
point I think for other people as well, and something I can't really
document myself, as I don't use IDE.

David