[SciPy-dev] Scipy workflow (and not tools).

Elston, Gareth R gelston at doosanbabcock.com
Thu Feb 26 06:17:50 EST 2009

On Behalf Of scipy-dev-request at scipy.org
> Sent: 26 February 2009 10:36
> To: scipy-dev at scipy.org
> Subject: Scipy-dev Digest, Vol 64, Issue 56
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:21:40 -0800
> From: Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [SciPy-dev] Scipy workflow (and not tools).
> To: SciPy Developers List <scipy-dev at scipy.org>
>
> Neil,
>
> Thanks for speaking up!  I think there are *many* people in your
> situation, including myself - I too am mostly a silent watcher of
> SciPy and I would be much more likely to contribute if the things you
> list were a part of the Scipy development culture:
>
> * Tests
> * Code review
> * Documentation
> * Good tools and workflow.
>
> I think it is an unproven myth that these things are "barriers" for
> people who want to write code.  In most cases that I have seen, these
> things *encourage* new people to contribute to a project and greatly
> improve the quality of the code being written by newbies and veteran's
> alike.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian

I'm another long-time lurker who's been thinking about contributing for
a while but who's been a bit uncertain about where to start. These
discussions, plus the git branches Pauli has created, are encouraging me
greatly to roll up my sleeves and delve in.

Cheers,
Gareth.

IMPORTANT NOTICE.

This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are  confidential and may be
privileged and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form
of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender.
We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to
postmaster at doosanbabcock.com then delete the E-Mail and destroy any
copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at WWW.DOOSANBABCOCK.COM