Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Wed Feb 25 21:39:13 EST 2009

Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:18:37 -0600, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
[clip]
> 3) There are pieces of SciPy that need work (interpolate stands out most
> in my mind right now).    I have changes to the interpolate code that I
> have not yet committed because I was waiting for the release of 0.7 but
> I really want to commit.  Who is interested in reviewing this?  I'm
> happy to work with additional eyes, but my current workflow is "commit
> code I think is working along with some tests and docstrings", and then
> let review/improve happen on the trunk.

The codereview.appspot.com tool is very fast to use, eg. via the

	http://codereview.appspot.com/static/upload.py

tool. So I'd suggest to just uploading the patches there even before
commit; it can't do any harm.

The problem with reviewing code after commit in trunk is that it takes
more effort to correct or ask about dubious points.

> I don't really like having lots of branches checked out of a code-base
> in order to manage a different workflow.  I'm open to being educated
> about approaches that work better.

I've found git-svn quite good for maintaining topic branches. It can
switch easily between them using the same working tree, so that compiles
are fast, and editor just needs M-x revert-buffer.

--
Pauli Virtanen