Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Tue Feb 24 19:11:45 EST 2009

Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:48:43 -0600, Robert Kern wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 20:42, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
>> Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:40:27 -0600, Robert Kern wrote: [clip]
>>> Pauli, you seem familiar with setting up a git-to-svn bridge. Can you
>>> do this?
>>
>> Sure. I'll need a box on which to deploy the update script, though.
>> Would one (which?) of the virtual hosts of conference.scipy.org do?
>
> Probably. That machine is where all of the services will be moving to.
> Peter might be able to say which one.

As a band-aid before this is configured, I put hourly updating mirrors on
Github:

	http://github.com/pv/numpy-svn
	http://github.com/pv/scipy-svn

Not much new under the sun here: these are based on and compatible with
David's Git branches. Since git-svn produces a reproduceable tree, I
think we can just pronounce our trees as the official Git mirror.

David already wrote some time ago documentation what to do when you want
to use git-svn to commit changes back to SVN:

	http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/GitMirror

If there are merges in the stuff to be dcommitted, git-svn seems to
become a bit confusing. It's probably useful to do "git-rebase -i HASH"
to linearize history before dcommit, but I'm a bit unsure what's the
proper workflow in this case...

--
Pauli Virtanen