Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 19:21:30 EST 2009

Hi,

> I'm a bit concerned about getting too top-heavy here.
>
> I think the biggest problem has been time and adding too formal of a
> process will just increase the time it takes to get code into SciPy.

Yes, right, that's the key issue.

I think Stefan's position is that, as more people start using and
contributing to Scipy, it's become near impossible to maintain in a
release-worthy way (Stefan - is that right)?    That if we want to
keep going without collapsing we need a more formal process.

I guess the alternative position is that not having a discipline of
code review, testing and documentation will make it more likely we'll
have contributors, and the code will get better that way.

I really am no expert, but I have the impression that projects of the
size of Scipy do tend to use (and change to) fairly formal review /
accept cycles, with testing and documentation.     Is that impression
correct?

See you,

Matthew