Robin robince at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:36:07 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 15:19, Charles R Harris
>> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Does github work with our buildbots?
>>
>> Probably not right now. But that's exactly the same problem if the
>> main repo were a git one, too.
>
> True enough, I'm not arguing for changing the main repository, just pointing
> out what I miss when making branches locally with git-svn.

Watching this discussion with interest... Although git seems to have
more momentum here, I though I would point out bzr-svn, which I think
allows distributed collaboration around a central svn-hosted branch
without the problems people have mentioned with git-svn. By storing
the bzr metadata in svn properties, a full bazaar branch can be hosted
in svn, so people can branch off it, merge with each other, merge back
etc.

In my experience it's worked very well for giving the distributed
benefits of branching from a centralised svn repo.

Cheers

Robin