David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:35:36 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 15:24, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:
>> Hi Robert
>>
>> 2009/2/23 Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com>:

>>> Why is that? Push your git branch to github.
>>
>> What do you say to the merging difficulties that SVN causes?  Git-svn
>> doesn't address that, unfortunately.
>
> Scenario? There are several merging difficulties of SVN, and I do
> believe that git-svn addresses at least some of them. Precisely what
> are you thinking of?

Multiple branch releases (1.2.x and 1.3.0 for example) are one
scenario where easy (fast) merging would be useful. In that case, svn
merge capabilities are enough, but really slow. It takes more time to
merge than building numpy, for example. I don't know if my location in
Japan matters for latency or whatever, but every svnmerge merge taking
between 1-2 to 10 minutes is not a great experience.

David