Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Feb 23 15:15:49 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 02:10:24PM -0500, Nathan Bell wrote:
> The collective time wasted by Fortran ABI problems *alone* is 10x more
> than that wasted by the problems you seek to remedy.  I've been using
> development versions of scipy for 2 years now and even I get burned by
> which fortran/BLAS/LAPACK I need to install.

While I mostly agree with you that changing VCS will probably not bring
huge improvements to the development process, that fact is that resolving
the problem you are talking about (fortran ABI compatibility) is very
hard, and probably much harder than changing VCS. So I claim your remarks
is unfair.

Gaël