Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 13:29:25 EST 2009

Hi Stefan, and team,

In the spirit of the 30 second reader, I split your email into your two parts.

1. Change to a distributed revision control system, encouraging more
open collaboration.
2. Determine guidelines for code acceptance, in terms of unit tests,
documentation and peer review.

In that order:

1) The distributed vs SVN issue is one that generates a lot of heat.
Perhaps we could back off that one for now?  We've been using bzr for
a while.  It's been a mixture of confusing and liberating.  Like
writing tests first, it's very difficult to explain why DVCS is
important.  It does require a lot of discipline for it not to get out
of hand.

2) Yes.  Please.  That would really help.  How do we think we should
best get there?  If we don't switch to DVCS immediately?

See you,

Matthew