[SciPy-dev] Matlab io bug; request for advice

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 23:03:52 EST 2009

Hi,

>> Do y'all think I should:
>>
>> a) Given this is undocumented anyway, just switch to the row vector
>>

> It may be undocumented, but I think it is safe to assume it will break a
> lot of code. If it changes, I think it is better to raise a warning
> before changing it. Because of the mismatch mentioned above, there may
> not be such as thing as best solution; one choice shall be made, and
> then we should stick to it.

OK - I propose then that I do this:

Leave the current behavior as it is (with the bug fixed) for 0.7.x
Add a parameter at some point to the call allowing this behavior to be changed
Raise a deprecation warning in 0.8 for the change in default behavior
Change for 0.9

Seem sensible for everyone?

Matthew