[SciPy-dev] test failures in current trunk: sparse\linalg\isolve, and special

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 19:53:58 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
> FAIL: test whether all methods converge
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "C:\Josef\_progs\building\scipy\scipy-trunk-new-r5551\dist\scipy-0.8.0.de
> v5551.win32\Programs\Python25\Lib\site-packages\scipy\sparse\linalg\isolve\tests
> \test_iterative.py", line 101, in test_convergence
>    assert_equal(info,0)
>  File "\Programs\Python25\Lib\site-packages\numpy\testing\utils.py", line 183,
> in assert_equal
>    raise AssertionError(msg)
> AssertionError:
> Items are not equal:
>  ACTUAL: -10
>  DESIRED: 0

I can confirm the failure on Win32 and have isolated it to bicgstab.
I'll continue searching for the source of the error.

I noticed that the Windows binaries for SciPy 0.7 also have this
problem, but the test has been marked as a known failure.  Was this
bug ever reported?

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/